In order to help the destitute old age citizens over the age of 60, government of Tamil nadu has introduced old age pension scheme which is commonly called as OAP scheme. On 1.4.1962 initially the pension given under old age pension scheme was 20 rupees, now it has been increased as 1,000 rupees per month. Tamil nadu government is considering to increase the OAP pension in near future.
MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI ELIGIBILITY :
The following are the eligibility to apply for old age pension scheme.
- The applicant must be a destitute citizen.
- The applicant must be above 60 years of age.
- The applicant should be in below poverty line.
- Destitute widow, agricultural labourers, Differently-abled citizens, will be given first priority.
DOCUMENTS -MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI:
The less fortunate old age people with above eligibilities can apply for OPA SCHEME. The following are the documents to be attached while applying.
- Passport size photo
- Smart card
- Aadhaar card/ voter ID/ driving license/ passport/
- Aadhaar consent form
- Bank passbook
- BPL number
- Self-declaration form
MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI AGE PROOF:
- To avoid ineligible candidates to get benefited in MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI scheme the government has hardened the procedures, especially the submission of age proof made mandatory.
- since people with less age or people who have family to support are being benefited in OAP scheme, Age of the applicant should be proven by Aadhaar card, smart card, driving license rather than just summiting age certificate from a doctor.
MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI APPLICATION FEE
- To apply for old age pension scheme only 10 rupees is collected as application fee.
- This can be paid either when getting the application form in Taluk office or it can be paid through online when filling the application form.
MUTHIYOR UTHAVITHOGAI APPLICATION FORM
Those who want to apply for old age pension scheme can apply in both online and in offline mode. For offline mode applications can be collected directly from Taluk office and by filling the application and annexing all the documents mentioned below and submitting it in Taluk office one can apply for old age pension scheme in Tamil nadu.
MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI APPLY ONLINE
- Go to Tamilnadu Government’s official website (CLICK HERE)
- Click login with your username, password and capcha code.
- Under various departments, click Revenue Department.
- And then click Indira Gandhi National old age pension scheme.
- Then by giving applicant CAN number or name or father name or mobile number or Aadhaar card then search for can details. (Create CAN if using this website for the first time)
- Give Aadhaar number mobile number applicant date of birth and generate OTP verify the mobile number by giving the OTP. Then click proceed.
- Now you are able to see the old age pension scheme application give all the details carefully attach all the documents required and pay rupees 10 as application fee.
- Then submit the application.
MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI APPLICATION STATUS:
Once applied, the application status can be checked in the same website.
By giving the Application number in acknowledgement form, the applicants can check the state whether the application has been accepted or under process or rejected.
PROCEDURES IN APPROVING MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI :
- Application will undergo three stages of scrutiny.
- Firstly VAO will check the credibility of the application.
- Then he will forward it to the RI, once RI verified all the documents he will forward it to the Tahsildar for final approval.
- If the application matches with all the eligibility and all the documents are annexed, then the application will be approved.
AMOUNT RECEIVED IN MUTHIYOR UTHAVI THOGAI:
- If the application has been accepted the applicant will receive 1,000 Rupees old age pension from the Government of Tamilnadu as post office money order for life time.
- Kindly pass on this information to old age people in your family or in your surroundings and help them to live a dignified life.
|TO READ THIS POST IN TAMIL||CLICK HERE|
|TO VIEW THIS DETAILS IN VIDEO||CLICK HERE|
TAMILNADU OLD AGE PENSION FAQ
what is the pension given under OAP scheme?
Every month rupees 1,000 has been given under OAP scheme for old age people via money order.
how to apply for OAP scheme?
For OAP scheme, applications can be submitted via offline or online mode
what is the age limit to apply for old age pension scheme?
Those who are above the age of 60 can apply for old age pension scheme
what is application fee collected to apply for old age pension scheme?
Rupees 10 has been collected to apply for old age pension scheme.
How to check application status for muthiyor uthavu thogai.?
The application status can be checked in the official website of Tamilnadu Government.